This in-depth report of The Crew Kodi Addon will provide you with everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, or any other device.
Is The Crew safe to use? Is The Crew Kodi Addon legal? How do I install The Crew Kodi Addon? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that The Crew isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
This add-on has a great interface with tons of quality links. For these reasons and more, it is considered one of the Best Kodi Addons by TROYPOINT.
Due to its popularity, this add-on can also be found within many Kodi Builds.
IMPORTANT: The Crew is now compatible with Kodi 19! You can use the same steps below for installing on Kodi 19 Matrix.
Note: If you do not have Kodi on your device, you can install the latest release using our guides below:
Below you will find both a video tutorial and screenshot guide to install The Crew on your Kodi device. We are using an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
The Firestick is the most popular Kodi device due to its low price and ability to unlock the device.
These same steps also work for those using the Firestick Lite, 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick, Fire TVs, Fire TV Cube, and any Fire TV device.
This process also applies to those using Android devices such as the NVIDIA SHIELD, MECOOL Boxes, Chromecast, Android TV Boxes, phones, tablets, and more.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Users should be cautious of free streaming applications not available for install through respective app stores such as Amazon App Store and Google Play. If using unverified apps such as these, you should only be streaming or downloading content not protected by copyright such as works in the Public Domain. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Is The Crew Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within The Crew repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts us during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
The best way to protect yourself when using The Crew is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable add-ons such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install The Crew Kodi Addon through their repository.
How to Install The Crew Kodi Addon – Video Tutorial
Note: The Crew users oftentimes encounter Uptobox Authorisation messages when trying to stream content.
We can easily remove this by disabling Uptobox within the settings.
Install The Crew Kodi Addon – Screenshot Guide
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Read this important Warning prior to proceeding.
Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on your device!
This is why it is so important running IPVanish VPN if you’re going to use a 3rd party addon such as The Crew.
IPVanish VPN won’t allow these 3rd party addons to gain access to your personal data.
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – https://team-crew.github.io and click OK
- GitHub is the official website that hosts this repository URL
Note: The referenced link is the official URL of this app/addon. TROYPOINT does not own or operate any streaming website, service, app, or addon, and has no affiliation with any developers.
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type “crew” or any other name you would like to identify this source as, and click OK
Important Note: Since the latest Kodi update to 19.4, many users have noticed the colon key is no longer in the main keypad when entering URLs. Simply click the CAPS/LOCK button to find it.
- Click your back button on the remote or keyboard until you are back on the System screen
- Choose Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Choose “crew” or another name you assigned the media source in the previous step
- Click the repository URL – repository.thecrew-0.3.1.zip
- Wait for The Crew Repo Add-on installed message to appear
- Click Install From Repository
- Kodi will then prompt the message below stating “The following additional add-ons will be installed”, Click OK
- Wait for The Crew Add-on installed message to appear
- Click the back button until you return to the home screen, then scroll down and click Add-ons.
- Scroll over and select The Crew add-on
- Installation of The Crew is now complete. Enjoy!
Continue below for integrating Real-Debrid and other important details about The Crew Kodi add-on.
Warning! Protect Yourself With IPVanish VPN
Most cord-cutters use a IPVanish VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a IPVanish, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current identifying IP Address is 2a02:26f7:f980:4a40:0:1dd8:95ea:efb4
When you use IPVanish, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
IPVanish VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
It’s important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount.
Step 2 – From the home screen hover over Find.
For those of you using Android TV devices, you can easily install the IPVanish app directly through Google Play Store.
Step 3 – Scroll down and click Search.
Step 4 – Type in “Ipvanish” and click the first option.
Step 5 – Click the IPVanish VPN app.
Step 6 – Click Download.
Step 7 – Once the IPVanish app installs, click Open.
Step 8 – Enter your IPVanish account information and click Log In.
You will get your username and password when you register for an account.
Step 9 – Click Connect.
Step 10 – Click OK.
Step 11 – Success! Your identifying IP Address has changed and you are now anonymous.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by IPVanish which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
You can now setup IPVanish VPN on all of your other Internet-connected devices. You can use IPVanish on unlimited devices!
How to Use The Crew Kodi Addon
After installing The Crew on your Kodi device, you may be wondering how to use this add-on to watch movies, TV shows, or other content.
Follow the quick steps below on how to use The Crew Kodi add-on with any device.
1. From the home screen of Kodi, hover Add-ons and click on The Crew.
2. Select Movies or whichever type of content you prefer.
3. Scroll down and click Search. In this example, we will be searching for a specific movie.
4. Click New search.
5. In this example, we will be using Night of the Living Dead.
This is a movie within the Public Domain and not protected by copyright. TROYPOINT does not endorse streaming/downloading any content protected by copyright.
6. Choose the Night of the Living Dead 1968 version.
7. After selecting a title you will notice a screen appear that looks like the image below.
This shows how many “Paid” and “Free” streaming links The Crew add-on is scraping from various sources on the Internet. Wait a few seconds for the streaming links to populate.
8. If you are using Real-Debrid or another premium link scraper, you will notice links highlighted in purple. Free links are the ones without any color. Choose any link.
Note: Continue reading below for integrating Real-Debrid within The Crew Kodi add-on.
9. Wait a few seconds and your movie will begin to play!
How to Use Real-Debrid Within The Crew
To get the best streaming results with The Crew, using Real-Debrid will bring the highest quality links for a buffer-free experience.
For those new to Real-Debrid, this is an unrestricted downloading service that will alleviate buffering for Kodi add-ons and streaming apps.
Follow the short guide below for integrating Real-Debrid within The Crew Kodi add-on.
1. First you must register for a Real-Debrid account if you don’t have one already.
2. Launch The Crew Kodi Addon
3. Scroll down and click Tools.
4. Select ResolveURL: Settings.
5. Within the Universal Resolvers menu on the left, scroll down and select (Re)Authorize My Account under Real-Debrid.
6. This screen will appear. Write down the code provided.
7. Open an Internet browser on another device and go to the following page – https://real-debrid.com/device.
Then enter the code from the previous step and click Continue.
8. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
9. Return back to The Crew and you will notice the Real-Debrid links now appearing with “RD” in the link name.
Note: In this example, we are watching the 1968 version of Night of the Living Dead.
That’s it! Enjoy premium streaming links on The Crew with Real-Debrid.
How to Setup Trakt TV
If you are a user of Trakt.tv, The Crew is a great place to integrate your account.
This popular service helps users sync and scrobble all their media content across numerous devices and platforms.
Follow the screenshots below for setting up Trakt.tv within The Crew Kodi add-on.
Note: You will first need to create a free Trakt account if you don’t already have one.
1. Launch The Crew Kodi add-on.
2. Scroll down and click Tools.
3. Click Trakt Authorize.
4. Write down or remember provided code
5. Go to trakt.tv/activate on any Browser
6. Enter the code from the previous step and click Continue.
7. Click Yes.
8. An authorization message will appear for Trakt.
9. Return back to The Crew Kodi add-on and you will find that your Trakt account has been successfully integrated.
The Crew Kodi Addon Description & Details
The Crew is a newer Kodi addon that has an easy-to-use interface and works very well.
The main menu includes Movies, TV Shows, Kids, Sports, IPTV, 1 Clicks, Stand Up Comedy, CC Collections, Tools, Search, and more.
The Movies and TV Shows categories work very well and contain some high-quality streaming links.
If you are a Trakt user, you can also integrate your account within The Crew which will keep all your content in sync.
Overall, The Crew is an awesome Kodi addon that works fabulously on all devices including the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k.
Note: See The Crew Sports Kodi Addon for the live TV version within the same repository.
Is The Crew Kodi Addon Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that The Crew is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through add-ons such as The Crew Kodi Addon.
For 100% legal and verified free streaming options, we suggest our list of free movie/TV show apps below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is The Crew Kodi Addon Legal?
Yes. It is not illegal to install and use this Kodi add-on. However, what you access after you have installed this add-on may be illegal.
Should I use a VPN with this Kodi Addon?
A VPN such as IPVanish is always encouraged when installing any 3rd party Kodi addons and repositories. This will ensure your privacy and anonymity when streaming.
Can this Kodi Addon be Installed on Firestick?
Yes. Follow the step-by-step instructions above. This tutorial was done using an Amazon Firestick 4K.
What’s the Difference Between a Kodi Addon and a Kodi Repository?
A repository is a file that stores numerous Kodi addons and more for installation. Usually, you are required to install a repository to install a Kodi addon or build.
What’s the Difference Between a Kodi Addon and a Kodi Build?
You can think of a Kodi build as a bundle of the best add-ons, repositories, and a customized skin that you can install with one click.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don’t use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!